FLC Preview is a special event designed exclusively for admitted students and their families to spend some time on campus getting to know Fort Lewis College, its atmosphere, and its people. You’ll have a chance to learn more about the many and varied services available to students as well as our academic programs. You’ll also tour residence halls, explore campus and meet your future classmates. You’ll even have the option to register for classes while you’re here.
Upcoming FLC Preview dates
Saturday, March 28, 2020
Saturday, April 11, 2020
Check in at the Student Union lobby, and fuel up with a hearty breakfast in the Ballroom.
Welcome from FLC leadership with an overview of the day and a little about the College.
9:30 – 12:00 Breakout Sessions
Pick four sessions to attend through the morning. Sessions cover topics such as financial aid, student activities, student support services, living on campus, and specific academic majors and programs.
12:15 – 1:30 Lunch & Student Life Fair
Learn about student services including housing, financial aid, study abroad, and career services, and meet the staff that run those programs. You’ll also meet and learn about student-run organizations and clubs.
1:30 – 2:30 Residence halls
Tour one of our residence halls for a picture of life between classes and co-curriculars.
2:30 – 3:00 Closing reception & next steps
A final round-up for the day, you’ll have some snacks, drawing for prizes, quick review of next steps, and the chance to ask any lingering questions as you mingle with staff and faculty.
Optional: Campus tours available on Saturday at 3:00.
Optional Friday Activities
There are opportunities for additional exploration should you and your family arrive in Durango on Friday. In addition to all that Durango and its surroundings have to offer…
- Meet us at 2:00pm at the Student Union for a campus tour
- Take your Advising 101 course live and in-person (rather than online) to prepare for registration at 3:00pm in the Student Union
- Join faculty, staff, and students for a reception downtown from 4:30 to 6:00pm.
- Friday, April 12: 4:30-6:00pm at the Doubletree Hilton in Durango
501 Camino Del Rio, Durango, CO 81301
Register for Fall courses
If you've confirmed your enrollment to Fort Lewis College and plan to be a part of our incoming class in the fall, you can register for your fall classes while you are here on campus. We are offering one-on-one appointments with our Academic Advisors throughout the day on Saturday.
To register for classes while you’re here:
- Pay your $150 enrollment confirmation fee to confirm your spot in our Fall 2019 class
- Complete the Advising 101 course online or in person on campus Friday before Preview (Offered Friday from 3:00-4:00pm in the Student Union)
- Schedule your advising appointment by contacting the Admission Office: 970-247-7184
- Parking is free on campus for FLC Preview. Keep our FLC Preview Campus Map handy to find the best parking spots.
Preview Campus Map PDF
- Dress for the weather, bring sunscreen, and drink lots of water. Durango is in a semi-arid climate, flanked by mountains, and sits at 6512 feet above sea level. Spring weather ranges from warm and sunny to cold and snowy, and can often be windy. Bring your walking shoes!
- If you’re posting up at a hotel in Durango, be sure to mention that you’re visiting FLC. Many hotels offer discounts to visiting students and families.